- Technical article, Expert knowledge20/12/2023Repowering involves replacing first-generation wind turbines with modern, more efficient turbines. By utilising the sites more efficiently, the yield can be tripled. In addition, the cost of generating wind power can be significantly reduced.
- Expert knowledge, Technical article18/01/2022Rotor blades are made of fibre composites that can only be recycled with a great deal of expertise. But smart processes are making it possible.
- Technical article, Expert knowledge03/11/2021About 300 attendees from all over Europe participated in the International WebSeminar “Recycling of Rotor Blades” on 25 October 2021. With this seminar the German Wind Energy Association aims to enhance sustainability in the use of glass reinforced plastic (GRP).
- Technical article, Expert knowledge, Company News25/07/2021Yesterday I had the honor of participating in a meeting at the White House with union and business leaders to represent our growing industry as Washington continues to sort out the bipartisan infrastructure framework.
- Expert knowledge, Technical article02/07/2021Very few new turbines had been built off the German coast by mid-2020. However, the German government has increased the expansion targets for 2030 and 2040. The production of green hydrogen could provide a further boost for the industry.
- Technical article, Expert knowledge17/06/2021Wind turbines can be dismantled without problems. Individual and system components can then be resold or reused. Recycling the machines, which are mainly made of steel and concrete, also presents no problems.
Technical article, Expert knowledge25/07/2021
Three blades, one tower and ever more efficiency through size growth - that is the successful model of wind technology. But the principle has limits: Larger turbines are harder to transport, and suitable areas without resident conflicts are becoming scarce. Are there alternatives?