windcomp is an expert for the optimization of wind turbines. We detect aerodynamic and mass imbalances quickly and precisely with the ROMEG method, during normal turbine operations.
windcomp GmbH is specialized in the optimization of wind turbines. We have developed the ROMEG measuring system, with which we can quickly detect both aerodynamic and mass imbalances. It is a dynamic measuring process during normal plant operation.
windcomp develops and produces laser measuring systems for wind turbines and offers as service the measurement of the turbines through our experts.
ROMEG is a laser-based measuring system for dynamic measurements on wind turbines.
ROMEG can detect and measure aerodynamic imbalances, caused through blade angle deviations, as well as mass imbalances.
FUNCTIONS OF THE ROMEG SYSTEM
The following parameters and functions are measured by ROMEG System:
- Relative Blade angle - The main function of the ROMEG system is the measuring and determining of the relative blade angle deviations.
- Detection of mass imbalances.
- Tower vibrations - The oscillation pattern of the axial tower movement is a good indicator for the evaluation of the detected blade angle deviations.
- Vibration analysis of the tower movement (FFT Analysis).
- Tower clearance
ADVANTAGES OF ROMEG SYSTEM
- The laser measurements take place on a running turbine under real operating conditions.
- No loss of yield due to downtimes.
- Fast measuring process - whole wind farms within a short time.
- Results are quickly available on site and can be used immediately to optimize the turbine.
- By comparing the vibration pattern before and after the correction, the success of the optimization is immediately visible and provable.
In contrast to an imbalanced turbine, a turbine with well-balanced rotor shows the following attributes:
- Better performance/higher yield .
- Higher availability.
- Longer service-life of turbine.
- Less tower stress
- Reduced maintenance costs
- Lower acoustic emission
The ROMEG system can be used as a ground and nacelle version and can therefore also be used for offshore turbines
- Founded: 2008