HAWART has been a strong partner within the wind industry since 1993. We design, construct, manufacture and install a wide range of special solutions for wind turbine manufacturers around the world.
We meet our customer’s requirements using innovative solutions. Our design and production facilities at Lower Saxony and our mechanical and electrical engineering activities meet the highest quality standards. Our customers associate HAWART with flexibility, reliability, and know-how.
OUR SERVICE OFFERINGS
- Concept and feasibility studies
- Project planning and production layout
- Design: mechanical, hydraulics, pneumatics, electrical engineering
- Control systems
- Documentation and certification
- Prototype construction and load testing
- Installation and commissioning
- Classroom and on the job training
- Service and maintenance
- Rotor blade manufacturing equipment
- Spreader and lifing tools
- Assembly tools
- Logistics components
- Storage fixtures
- Mechanical processing systems
- General mechanical engineering
The U-BIT enables our customer to assemble or disassemble rotor blades weighing up to 27.5 tons directly on the wind turbine. Minor adjustments to the blade seats guarantee flexible use for many different blade contours. The U-BIT comes in a 40 ft. open top container for effective and safe transportation to the construction site. It takes just one hour for assembly and ready for use. For transportation around a wind farm, the U-BIT can be folded-up in a few simple steps and transported on an open flat trailer.
Universal blade transport system
In the field of logistics, HAWART has been one of the leading manufacturers of land and sea transportation and storage systems for rotor blades, tower sections and other wind turbine components.
Together with the vehicle manufacturer DOLL, HAWART has developed a U-BTS (Universal blade transport system) for transporting blades by road. The blade root, is connected in the flange area to the hydraulic lifting adapter on the towing vehicle. The maximum load capacity is 35 tons. The blade tip is safely held in two transport clamps and carried on a HAWART designed tandem frame. Thus creating a trailer with precise self-steering-characteristic.
- Founded: 1993
- Sales: 17.0 m of which wind energy: 16.0 m
- Employees: 100 of which wind energy: 100