TotalEnergies is one of the world's leading suppliers in the industrial sector covering all areas of application for highly specialised lubricants, greases, and special applications.
The company has united all important energy divisions under a single entity now known under the new name TotalEnergies. This represents another milestone towards the goal of achieving CO2 neutrality by 2050.
By changing the company name in Paris at the end of May, the French parent company took a significant step in the transition to a multi-energy company. This is not just reflected in the new name, but also in the new visual identity. The different energy areas provided by TotalEnergies are now represented as different colours in the logo. Historically, the brand’s colour was red, which also serves as the starting point for the transformation. Each of the other six colours stands for one of the energy forms supplied by the company, and together they stand for TotalEnergies.
The company has been active in the renewable energies sector for several decades. TotalEnergies produces and supplies wind energy through its subsidiary Total Eren (in which it holds a 30 percent stake), which gives the group a diverse network of wind, solar, and hydroelectric power stations spread across Asia, Africa, and Latin America. This enables the development of projects in regions in which renewable energies are a particularly appropriate and sustainable solution to the burgeoning energy demand.
The multi-energy company continues to focus on achieving strong growth with a view to becoming a major international force in the renewable energy sector: by 2030, TotalEnergies wants to be one of the top 5 companies worldwide, which is one of the reasons why 60 billion dollars in funding will be made available for renewable energy projects within the next ten years.
TotalEnergies' gross renewable energy production capacity has already more than doubled in a single year, increasing from 3000 MW in 2019 to 6500 MW at the end of 2020. Among other things, this growth is reflected in numerous new projects around the world:
- in excess of 5000 MW of wind power in France, Great Britain, and South Korea
- more than 2000 MW of solar plants in India
- over 5000 MW of solar projects in Spain
- an 800 MW solar park in Qatar
Wind concept Plus from TotalEnergies
TotalEnergies is committed to taking a holistic view of developments in the renewable energies sector and to their continuous improvement. The Wind Concept Plus plan is based on three important, correlated pillars:
- Innovation and specialisation. Not only does TotalEnergies wish to drive innovation in the form of new lubricants for industrial customers, but also to take full advantage of the potential for new developments.
- Customer satisfaction. TotalEnergies provides high-quality lubricants and places equal importance on excellent service. Customers benefit from professional advice from competent application engineers as well as value-added services, which include the rationalisation and organisation of lubrication tasks, maintenance, laboratory analyses of operating materials as well as lubricant training for employees.
- High performance products with a long service life. Our high-performance Carter WT 320 gear oil, a PAO-based product that provides excellent protection against micro pitting in gears and guarantees an extension of the replacement intervals of up to 10 years is an excellent example. Its high viscosity index results in improved characteristics at extremely low temperatures and specifically reduces wind turbine downtime.
- Founded: 1955
- Sales: 9 Mrd. €
- Employees: 4.000